The second season of the sixth year of Rainbow Six Siege brings us another edition of gameplay changes. A new operation, a new map, and much, much more- we’re updating you on all the changes in Operation North Star.
Changes in Operation North Star
We welcome Thunderbird to our long lineup of operators. Thunderbird is our new 1-armor, 3-speed defender in Rainbow Six. As a primary, Thunderbird has the Spear .308 or SPAS-15 to choose from. For her secondary, you can equip the Bearing-9 or Q-929. Impact Grenades or a Nitro Cell is available as her gadget. Thunderbird has a unique ability known as the “Kona Station“. The Kona Station is a package that can be deployed on the ground for injured or downed operators. When such operators approach it, the Kona Station can then boost the operator’s HP or revive the operator.
Operator Balancing Changes
Today we’re only gonna focus on the gameplay changes of operators, not the cosmetic changes. To check out all the changes, here are the patch notes by Ubisoft.
- Breach Rounds now 2 instead of 3.
- Vertical recoil of R4-C has been increased.
- FInka’s HP boost is no longer temporary. This is much like Doc’s Stim Pistol…. well, minus the Pistol.
- When Melusa’s Banshee Sonic Defense is active, opposing operators can destroy the core of the gadget by shooting or meleeing.
- The device will also detect enemies’ feet now.
- Rook now wears his own armor at the same time as dropping the armor pack. So, Rook mains now have a bit more time when prepping at the start of the round.
- Smoke’s Remote Gas Grenade will not penetrate walls, floors, and ceilings anymore. Operators affected by the smoke will lose 15HP for every .66 seconds till they leave the area of effect.
- From now on, Valkyrie will have primary control over her cameras. This means that she will take over the cameras if another player is trying to use it.
- Vertical recoil has been increased. A more constant horizontal spread of bullets with a higher concentration on the right.
- The ARGUS Camera will now work quite like a Shock Drone. A shot will recharge every 15 seconds. Only 1 shot can be stacked but the ammunition is infinite.
Players can also shatter the glass of Mira’s Black Mirror, Maestro’s Evil Eye, and regular Bulletproof Cameras by using a melee hit. Shattered glasses become opaque and thus the defending team can’t use them anymore to spot opponents.
Operator Price Changes
Five operators are seeing price changes in this new season:
- Zero’s price is now 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
- Prices of Amaru and Goyo are now 15,000 Renown or 360 R6 Credits.
- Maverick and Clash are now down to 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits.
Are you happy overall with all the changes in this season of Rainbow Six Siege? Let us know in the comments.